Being diagnosed with any health condition can be upsetting and even frightening, especially when it affects your breathing. If you or a loved one has recently been diagnosed with asthma you may have questions you want answered and the Asthma Society of Ireland has a wealth of information and resources to support you as you get to know your condition and starting bringing it under control. You’ll find lots of educational material on this website that will help you manage and control your condition. The key thing to remember is that asthma does not have to control your life.
To help you manage your condition you might want to look at:
- Learning more about asthma
- Taking your medication as directed
- Avoiding your triggers
- Asthma and your lifestyle
- Getting one to one support
- Developing your personal action plan
The goal of asthma management is to get your asthma under control and maintain it over time
What does well controlled asthma look like?
- No daytime symptoms
- No night-time symptoms
- Not needing to use your reliever more than twice a week
- No school or work absences due to asthma
- Good lung function