In Ireland, there are 470,000 people who suffer with asthma. At the moment, asthma is not covered under the Long-Term Illness Scheme and as 1 in every 5 children has asthma in Ireland this has caused a huge financial burden for the families of those suffering with this disease. Our advocacy team is working tirelessly to have asthma included in the Long-Term Illness Scheme. But we need your help to do it!
Host your own Event
Create your own event and invite friends and family to take part and support you in the organisation and delivery of the event. Keeping it simple is essential.
- Sports Day
- Cake Sale
- Bingo Night
- Quiz Night
- Race Night
- Car Wash
- Comedy Night
- Fashion Show
- Fight Night
- Sponsored Silence
- No phone for 24hrs
- Fast for 24hrs
- Tea Party
- Bag packing in your local supermarket
Take part in a National Event
Entering an event can sometimes be the easiest way to raise money, if you do not have the time to plan and organise your own event. Taking part in a race or sporting event is also a great way to promote fitness, to physically challenge yourself, as well as supporting a great cause.
Top Tips for a Successful Fundraiser
- Plan (Early!): Whether you are preparing for a cake sale, or training for a race, planning and preparation are essential for success. Fail to plan, plan to fail, and all of that!
- Details: Decide date, venue, and budget
- Goals: How much do you hope to raise for the event? How many would you hope to attend?
- Promote: Shout it from the rooftops! Share it on your facebook, twitter, Instagram, ask your friends to like and share it. Promote it on your noticeboard in work, college or club house. The more people who know about it, the more likely people are to attend.
***Remember to take lots of photos and send them to us in The Asthma Society. We would like to let everyone know about all the hard work you have done to support our organisation***
How can we help?
Once you have decided what fundraising event you would like to organise or take part in, please contact our Community Fundraising Executive, Lauren O’Kelly by phone on 01-5549220 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your event.
The Asthma Society of Ireland has a dedicated fundraising team who would be delighted to help you plan, organise and promote your fundraising event. We will also send you out a fundraising pack, which will include everything you need to fundraise for your event. The pack includes:
- Fundraising Guide
- Sponsorship Card
- Collection Buckets
- Lodgement slips