In Ireland, there are 380,000 people who suffer with asthma. At the moment, asthma is not covered under the Long-Term Illness Scheme and as one in every ten children has asthma in Ireland this has caused a huge financial burden for the families of those suffering with this disease.
Why not contact you local church to organise a church gate collection? In order to collect money outside a church, you will need the permission from the local parish priest or clergyman and a permit from the local Gardaí. We can apply for the permit on your behalf and we will provide you with collection buckets and posters.
On Street/ Public Places
Pick a busy street or shopping centre and organise a collection for the Asthma Society. In order to collect in a public place or on the street, you must have permission from the local Gardaí. A permit is easy to obtain from your local Garda Station. Please contact our office for support, advice and your Fundraising Pack. Call us on 01 817 8886 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A great way to raise lots of money for the Asthma Society, particularly if you pick a busy supermarket. Ask the store manager for permission and book a slot (book well in advance as good slots usually go fast). Don’t forget to contact us for support and advice and your fundraising pack.
Contact email@example.com or phone 01 817 8886.
Create your own fundraising event – anything from a parachute jump to a poker tournament, or from bed pushing to bingo. If you have a fundraising idea we would love to hear from you. Our experienced and friendly staff will be there to help you every step of the way. For more information on how to fundraise in your local area to support the Asthma Society, contact us on 01 8178886 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can raise funds by entering a fundraising event and registering with The Asthma Society of Ireland for your T-Shirt and Sponsorship card
- For more information on how to become a fundraising volunteer, contact us on 01 8178886 or e-mail email@example.com
- PJ Day
- Sports Day
- Cake Sale
- Class Raffle
- School Movie Day
- Sponsored Walk
- Student Table Quiz
- Sponsored Silence
- Fast for 24hours
- No phone for 24hours
- Wear blue for the day
- Sponsored Talent/Fashion Show
Top Tips for a Successful Fundraiser
1. Plan: Encourage students to plan carefully and be as organised as possible
2. Decide: As a group, decide on what type of event they would like to host
3. Details: As a group, decide the date, venue and budget for the event
4. Goals: How much do you want to fundraise? How many people do you want to attend?
5. Fundraising Committee: Group your students together and assign different roles and activities to different students; this could include a Creative Team, PR, Planning Team, Events Team, Project Management etc.
6. Shout it from the Rooftops: Advertise and promote the event anyway the students can. For example, via social media, school assembly, class presentations, lunchtime presentations and any other promotional activities!
***Remember to take lots of photos and send them to us in The Asthma Society. We would like to let everyone know about all the hard work you and your community or school have done to support our organisation!***
If you decide to fundraise for The Asthma Society, thank you! Your fundraising support is invaluable, and our work would not be possible without it.
Organising a fundraising activity in your school is an exciting way to engage students in a worthwhile and challenging activity. Organising a fundraising event allows them to develop essential skills and competencies which will be invaluable to the students, such as:
- Decision making
- Team leading
- Project Management
- Public Speaking
How Can We Help
Once you have decided what fundraising event you would like to organise, please contact Adrian Tanase by phone on 01-5549207 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your event.
The Asthma Society of Ireland has a dedicated fundraising team who would be delighted to help you plan, organise and promote your fundraising event. We will also send you out a fundraising pack, which will include everything you need to fundraise for your event. The pack includes:
- Schools Guide to Fundraising
- Sponsorship Card
- Collection Buckets
- Lodgement slip