Lisiting of job vacancies in the Asthma Society of Ireland
Vacancy: National Community Fundraising Manager
Title: National Community Fundraising Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive
Location: Asthma Society of Ireland, Amiens Street, Dublin 1
Hours: Full-time (37 hours / week)
Contract: 3-year fixed term contract
Salary: Competitive & dependent on experience
Annual leave: 25 days per annum
The Asthma Society is one of Ireland’s leading health charities and represents over 470,000 Irish people with asthma. Our mission is to reduce the number of asthma-related deaths and improve quality of life for people with asthma. We do this through patient education, training for healthcare professionals, lobbying Government and supporting research on the causes and treatment of asthma. We could not deliver this important work without financial support from individuals and community groups.
We are currently recruiting a National Community Fundraising Manager.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a high-profile health charity at an exciting time in its development and grow its community fundraising income from a relatively low base. It is the perfect role for an ambitious self-starter who wants to prove themselves in a management role as part of a dynamic team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating professional and compelling fundraising materials;
- Developing and implementing a community fundraising plan to increase the income the charity receives from its members, supporters and the general public;
- Managing the Society’s current community fundraising activities and making improvements to increase income;
- Evaluating the income and costs, including the cost of staffing time, of the charity’s current and potential fundraising activities to focus effort on those with the greatest potential;
- Increasing the charity’s income from sources such as cash appeals, regular individual donations, events, street collections, partnerships with schools and online donations;
- Maximising the Society’s income from ‘World Asthma Day’ fundraising activities;
- Creating new and imaginative opportunities for people to fundraise for and donate to the Society;
- Organising and delivering campaigns and fundraising events;
- Recruiting, managing and supporting volunteers and developing a volunteer engagement programme;
- Representing the charity in communities and at events around the country in order to attract new supporters, thank existing ones and raise awareness of the Society’s work;
- Working closely with the Communications Manager to publicise the charity’s fundraising activities locally and nationally and increase awareness of its work;
- Managing the Society’s relationship with its individual donors, including updating the database and recording donor contacts and preferences;
- Monitoring the fundraising environment and spotting opportunities for the Society;
- Managing the Society’s community fundraising targets and budgets, monitoring performance and adjusting plans as necessary;
- Managing third party service suppliers;
- Ensuring all fundraising activities comply with legislation and are properly managed and controlled;
- Providing regular progress reports to the CEO; and
- Carrying out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the CEO.
This job description is not exhaustive and may change to meet the evolving needs of the Society.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- At least 3 years experience in a fundraising or business development role, with a proven track record of meeting targets;
- 3rd level qualification in marketing / public relations / communications / business / finance or a relevant career qualification;
- An ability to influence others with excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Strong digital marketing and social media knowledge and skills;
- Event management experience;
- Direct marketing experience, including database segmentation; and
- Proficiency in the use of fundraising databases, other relevant IT packages and online fundraising tools.
- Experience of delivering the type of activities listed in the job description above will be an advantage.
A full clean driving licence is essential.
- Creativity, drive and the enthusiasm needed to carry projects to conclusion;
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative and work independently;
- A targets-focused and results-driven approach;
- Proactive, friendly and flexible manner;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects;
- Collaborative team-working style;
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of a small charity and shift priorities accordingly;
- Willingness to travel and work outside of normal working hours when required;
- Resilience and flexibility; and
- An interest in and commitment to the Society’s work
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5pm on Thursday 7th September.
The Asthma Society of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.