Vacancy for Respiratory Nurse for community programmes
Title: Asthma Nurse Specialist
Reports to: Health Promotion Manager
Location: Various locations nationally
Hours: Flexible/ as required
The Asthma Society of Ireland is currently seeking qualified asthma nurses to join our panel. Nurses must be registered with An Bord Altranais and currently work in clinical practice.
The nurse panel is involved in supporting us to deliver our health promotion programmes whereby nurses are offered work in their area on an ad hoc basis.
The role may involve making presentations/ giving talks about asthma to schools and other groups or providing 1-1 support through our Asthma in the Pharmacy Programme. Nurses are free to accept or decline work depending on their availability.
Areas where we particularly welcome applicants from are Dublin North and Meath, but applicants from other areas are also welcome.
Nurses will be provided with training on Asthma Society programmes as necessary.
The role of nurses will vary depending on the event/ service/ programme however below are some duties that nurses will be involved in.
- Provide asthma information and education including inhaler technique, PFM monitoring, asthma action plan development etc.
- Increase awareness of the signs and symptoms of asthma
- Improve the knowledge, attitudes, and skills of people regarding the treatment, and control of asthma
- Promote dissemination and use of education materials.
The successful applicant(s) will work in selected regions and will be required to
- Participate in induction training with ASI
- Be experienced and comfortable in facilitating groups
- Be experienced and comfortable working 1-1 with individuals with asthma
Salary scale: €30 per hour Monday-Friday with a premium rate of €45 paid for hours worked on Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays.
To register your interest, please send a CV and cover letter to Pheena Kenny, Health Promotion Manager firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 3rd February 2016.