Many asthma triggers can be found in the home. As we spend up to 90% of our time indoors, this can have a significant impact on asthma symptoms.
Did you know homes are often filled with things that can trigger asthma symptoms and even cause athma attacks?
The culprits include dust, mould pets, air quality, furnishings and many other substances. They can cause problems for people with asthma and as we spend the majority of our day at home, it is vital that asthmatics investigate what in their homes may trigger their asthma.
Reducing your exposure to such triggers can significantly improve your health. Speak with your GP or healthcare professional about potential triggers in your home.
Top Tips for Preventing Mould Growth
- Try not to dry clothes indoors nor store clothes in damp cupboards nor pack clothes too tightly in wardrobe.
- Ensure your house is well-ventilated by opening windows regularly.
- Use extractor fans or open windows to increase ventilation from showers, appliances and cooking.
- Wash mould off hard surfaces using a water, vinegar and soap mix.
- Consider using a purifier with a built-in air quality sensor to remove allergens and pollutants from the air.
- Consider using a dehumidifier to remove excess moisture.
- Keep air conditioner and heating filters clean and dry.
- Fix leaks and moisture problems, and keep things clean and dry in places where mould tends to grow such as showers and under sinks.
To help us spread the word about indoor air quality, Dyson have given us a Pure Hot and Cool Link to give away on Friday 10th November to someone who shares our indoor air posts on Facebook and Twitter.
To be in with a chance to WIN:
- Got to our Facebook or Twitter page
- Find our latest post on indoor air quality
- Facebook: Like and share at least 2 posts a week
- Twitter: Like and retweet at least 2 tweets a week
The lucky winner will receive a Dyson Pure Hot + Cool Link which removes 99.95% of allergens and pollutants from the air. To be in with a chance to WIN: For more information, go to dyson.ie
Download the 'Asthma Friendly Homes' flyer , supported by Dyson, for tips on how to remove allergens and triggers from your home.