Listing of job vacancies in the Asthma Society of Ireland
Health Promotion Administrator
Reports to: Senior Health Promotion Officer & Health Promotion Manager
Location: Office based, candidate will work between the head office in Dublin and from home initially, as required by Government COVID-19 guidance (laptop and phone will be supplied). Thereafter, the position will be Dublin based.
Hours: Full Time (37 hours/ week, Monday to Friday) flexibility required
Salary: Available upon request.
Closing date: Monday 17th August @ 12noon.
Contract duration: Full time, permanent position.
The Asthma Society is hiring a Health Promotion Administrator to work on our Asthma & COPD Adviceline service, driving and assisting the Society in implementing its key health promotion programmes, designed to support and assist the 380,000 patients (and their families) with asthma in Ireland.
The successful preferred candidate would have a health promotions background (however this is not essential) and will be proficient in all Microsoft packages and social media. An excellent telephone manner and ability to connect and empathise with patients is essential. A working knowledge of CRM Salesforce would be a distinct advantage as well as a commitment to working with others to deliver projects.
There will be two interviews via zoom and the person should be available for an immediate start.
The post will be dependent on two satisfactory reference checks. Please include your referees contact details on your CV. They will not be contacted unless you are chosen as the successful candidate.
Please send a copy of your most up to date Curriculum Vitae and cover letter outlining why you believe you are the right candidate for this role, to Deirdre.Lennon@asthma.ie marked Confidential - HP Administrator in the subject line.
The purpose of the position is to drive the Adviceline service with some reception duties; organise, deliver and administer the Society’s pillar services, as assigned, with duties as follows:
- Adviceline: Contact HP nurses to check their upcoming availability for the next month. Set up in Salesforce
- Adviceline calls: Triaging calls, booking Adviceline appointments, creating profiles if new to system, complete necessary documentation and returning missed calls.
- Nurse Email: Review & respond to the email box.
- Responding to comments on social media posts, informing users to phone the Adviceline with their queries.
- Rescheduling missed nurse appointments.
- Assist with preparation for Learning Team Meetings.
- Reporting on Adviceline calls, emails, queries and information requests.
- Learning Team Meeting – scheduling of dates and agenda.
- Organising GSK Adverse Events training day.
- Booking Adviceline appointments following Asthma in the Pharmacy clinics.
- Completion of Asthma in the Pharmacy consultations forms.
- Packing and posting of Asthma packs
- Assisting all other departments where necessary, as assigned by Department managers.
- Other Duties:
- The candidate will also have other reception duties.
- This role will also involve the development, improvement and delivery of innovative health promotion projects that will help fulfil the mission of the Asthma Society. Development of key relationships with relevant partners to build capacity and mobilise target groups around asthma management is of utmost importance in this role.
- Full driving licence with access to a vehicle - desirable
- Occasional requirement to work an evening or weekend, with time off in lieu for such arrangements