Lisiting of job vacancies in the Asthma Society of Ireland
Vacancy: Asthma Society of Ireland CEO
The Asthma Society of Ireland is the only national representative charity for the 470,000 Irish people with asthma.
Our mission is to improve the lives of people living with asthma, to save lives and to reduce hospitalisation due to asthma attacks. We campaign for better quality of life and access to better services for every person in Ireland who has asthma. Ireland has the 4th highest prevalence of asthma worldwide. One in ten Irish adults suffers from asthma and one in every five children.
This is a great opportunity to further enhance the Society’s impact and we are looking for a dynamic leader who can bring a comprehensive range of skills and experience to this exciting position. Key responsibilities will include maintaining and building on our strategic achievements, growing and strengthening the organisation, and diversifying our income base.
This role requires a confident, innovative leader with a talent for developing and maintaining effective relationships and a track record in developing engaging advocacy and awareness programmes.
If you have experience working at a senior level and you are passionate about improving the lives of people living with asthma, this could be the role for you!
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in a senior management role contributing to the overall strategic vision and organisational goals
- A proven track record of building and enhancing positive relationships with stakeholders and the public
- Business acumen and knowledge of public policy issues
- Excellent communications and media skills
- Knowledge of organisational, governance and legal responsibilities in the not-for-profit sector
How to Apply:
The recruitment campaign for the role of CEO is being managed exclusively on behalf of the Asthma Society by non-profit specialist recruitment consultancy Charity Careers Ireland.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a full job description and information pack prior to making your application.
Deadline for applications: midnight on Sunday, 10th December 2017
Vacancy: Full-Time Finance Manager
The Asthma Society of Ireland is recruiting a full-time finance manager to join its dynamic office team. This is an opportunity for the right candidate to work for a great charitable organisation with flexible working hours.
Hours: 37 per week
Location: Asthma Society’s offices, 42/43 Amiens Street, Dublin 1, Ireland
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Processing and recording all monies received by the Society, including donations and grant payments.
- Ensuring the financial reporting requirements of the Society’s grant agreements are met.
- Checking, processing and recording all payments, administering invoices and expenses claims received, coding items to agreed budgets, and making payments.
- Managing the monthly payroll of employees.
- Credit control.
- Recording and monitoring income and expenditure on a programme-by-programme basis.
- Ensuring all grant applications are fully costed, including overheads.
- Producing monthly management accounts and other financial reports.
- Liaising with the Society’s audit, risk and finance committee, the treasurer, and auditors.
- Managing the Society’s bank accounts, monitoring cash flows and performing bank reconciliations.
- Accurate maintenance of the accounts system and supporting records to allow transparent reporting on unrestricted and restricted funds.
- Assisting the CEO with budget management and cash flow monitoring.
- Administering the Society’s superdraw and other fundraising initiatives.
- Other duties appropriate to the post.
Qualifications & experience required:
- An appropriate accounting qualification, or part-qualification.
- Experience of performing a similar role.
- Experience of using accounting packages such as Accounts IQ or Sage.
- Experience using ROS and an understanding of the CHY scheme.
- Sound and proven knowledge of Office 365 (Excel, Word and Powerpoint).
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent organisational and communications skills together with a proven ability to work successfully in a team environment.
- Self-motivated with an ability to work independently and on your own initiative.
- Fluent English.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com before 1pm on Friday 15th December 2017.
It is hoped interviews will take place on 20th December 2017.
Vacancy: Respiratory Nurse for Community Programmes
Title: Asthma Nurse Specialist
Reports to: Health Promotion Manager
Location: Various locations nationally
Hours: Flexible/As Required
Salary: €30 per hour (Mon-Fri) €45 per hour (Sat - Sun & Public Holidays)
The Asthma Society of Ireland is seeking qualified asthma nurses to join our panel. Nurses must be registered with An Bord Altranais and currently work in clinical practice.
The nurse panel is involved in supporting us to deliver our health promotion programmes whereby nurses are offered work in their area on an ad hoc basis.
The role may involve making presentations/ giving talks about asthma to schools and other groups or providing 1-to-1 support through our Asthma in the Pharmacy Programme. Nurses are free to accept or decline work depending on their availability.
Nurses will be provided with training on the Society's programmes as necessary.
The role of nurses will vary depending on the event/ service/ programme however below are some duties that nurses will be involved in:
- Provide asthma information and education including inhaler technique, PFM monitoring, asthma action plan development etc.
- Increase awareness of the signs and symptoms of asthma
- Improve the knowledge, attitudes and skills of people regarding the treatment and control of asthma
- Promote dissemination and use of education materials.
The successful applicants will work in selected regions and will be required to:
- Participate in induction training with ASI
- Be experienced and comfortable in facilitation groups
- Be experienced and comfortable working 1-to-1 with individuals with asthma
To register you interest, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Vacancy: National Community Fundraising Manager
Title: National Community Fundraising Manager
Reports to: Chief Executive
Location: Asthma Society of Ireland, Amiens Street, Dublin 1
Hours: Full-time (37 hours / week)
Salary: Competitive & dependent on experience
Annual leave: 25 days per annum
The Asthma Society is one of Ireland’s leading health charities and represents over 470,000 Irish people with asthma. Our mission is to reduce the number of asthma-related deaths and improve quality of life for people with asthma. We do this through patient education, training for healthcare professionals, lobbying Government and supporting research on the causes and treatment of asthma. We could not deliver this important work without financial support from individuals and community groups.
We are currently recruiting a National Community Fundraising Manager.
This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a high-profile health charity at an exciting time in its development and grow its community fundraising income from a relatively low base. It is the perfect role for an ambitious self-starter who wants to prove themselves in a management role as part of a dynamic team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Creating professional and compelling fundraising materials;
- Developing and implementing a community fundraising plan to increase the income the charity receives from its members, supporters and the general public;
- Managing the Society’s current community fundraising activities and making improvements to increase income;
- Evaluating the income and costs, including the cost of staffing time, of the charity’s current and potential fundraising activities to focus effort on those with the greatest potential;
- Increasing the charity’s income from sources such as cash appeals, regular individual donations, events, street collections, partnerships with schools and online donations;
- Maximising the Society’s income from ‘World Asthma Day’ fundraising activities;
- Creating new and imaginative opportunities for people to fundraise for and donate to the Society;
- Organising and delivering campaigns and fundraising events;
- Recruiting, managing and supporting volunteers and developing a volunteer engagement programme;
- Representing the charity in communities and at events around the country in order to attract new supporters, thank existing ones and raise awareness of the Society’s work;
- Working closely with the Communications Manager to publicise the charity’s fundraising activities locally and nationally and increase awareness of its work;
- Managing the Society’s relationship with its individual donors, including updating the database and recording donor contacts and preferences;
- Monitoring the fundraising environment and spotting opportunities for the Society;
- Managing the Society’s community fundraising targets and budgets, monitoring performance and adjusting plans as necessary;
- Managing third party service suppliers;
- Ensuring all fundraising activities comply with legislation and are properly managed and controlled;
- Providing regular progress reports to the CEO; and
- Carrying out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the CEO.
This job description is not exhaustive and may change to meet the evolving needs of the Society.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- At least 3 years experience in a fundraising or business development role, with a proven track record of meeting targets;
- 3rd level qualification in marketing / public relations / communications / business / finance or a relevant career qualification;
- An ability to influence others with excellent oral and written communications skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and people management skills;
- Excellent organizational and project management skills;
- Strong digital marketing and social media knowledge and skills;
- Event management experience;
- Direct marketing experience, including database segmentation; and
- Proficiency in the use of fundraising databases, other relevant IT packages and online fundraising tools.
- Experience of delivering the type of activities listed in the job description above will be an advantage.
A full clean driving licence is essential.
- Creativity, drive and the enthusiasm needed to carry projects to conclusion;
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative and work independently;
- A targets-focused and results-driven approach;
- Proactive, friendly and flexible manner;
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects;
- Collaborative team-working style;
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of a small charity and shift priorities accordingly;
- Willingness to travel and work outside of normal working hours when required;
- Resilience and flexibility; and
- An interest in and commitment to the Society’s work
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com before 5pm on Thursday 7th September.
The Asthma Society of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.