Listing of job vacancies in the Asthma Society of Ireland
Vacancy: Respiratory Nurse for Community Programmes
Title: Asthma Nurse Specialist
Reports to: Health Promotion Manager
Location: Various locations nationally
Hours: Flexible/As Required
Salary: €30 per hour (Mon-Fri) €45 per hour (Sat - Sun & Public Holidays)
The Asthma Society of Ireland is seeking qualified asthma nurses to join our panel. Nurses must be registered with An Bord Altranais and currently work in clinical practice.
The nurse panel is involved in supporting us to deliver our health promotion programmes whereby nurses are offered work in their area on an ad hoc basis.
The role may involve making presentations/ giving talks about asthma to schools and other groups or providing 1-to-1 support through our Asthma in the Pharmacy Programme. Nurses are free to accept or decline work depending on their availability.
Nurses will be provided with training on the Society's programmes as necessary.
The role of nurses will vary depending on the event/ service/ programme however below are some duties that nurses will be involved in:
- Provide asthma information and education including inhaler technique, PFM monitoring, asthma action plan development etc.
- Increase awareness of the signs and symptoms of asthma
- Improve the knowledge, attitudes and skills of people regarding the treatment and control of asthma
- Promote dissemination and use of education materials.
The successful applicants will work in selected regions and will be required to:
- Participate in induction training with ASI
- Be experienced and comfortable in facilitation groups
- Be experienced and comfortable working 1-to-1 with individuals with asthma
To register your interest, please send your CV and cover letter to Health Promotion Manager, email@example.com